The Chisholm College IT Team is a group of residents
providing computing services to other residents. They are
able to provide assistance to residents wishing to connect
to the University Network, or use the lab facilties provided
by the College.
IT Officers are responsible for carrying out room connections
and maintaining the Computer Labs; ie troubleshooting account
problems, maintaining the Systems, acquiring paper for the
The IT Officers are supervised by the IT Coordinator, who oversees
the running of the College from an IT perspective. The Coordinator liases
with the Chisholm Office staff and General Committee, and is your first
point of contact with regards to suggestions/problems with the College
Direct Connect File Sharing
Direct Connect is used between the colleges to allow file sharing without
the problems associated with windows. This is a much safe option then file sharing
with windows. To download a copy please click here.
The Nimda Virus FIX: Fix Nimda
1. Download to c: drive.
2. Disconnect your computer from the network (remove the grey plug from the wall).
3. Right click on the vet icon in your task bar and click on remove from task bar.
4. Close all applications down (MSN, ICQ, IE, etc ).
5. Click on start then run.
6. Type c:\fix_nimda.com /C
The Klez FIX: Fix Klez
1. Download the Klez fix to c: drive.
2. Download the following help file. Klez Help File
3. Read the help file and carry out the appropriate action for your OS.
4. If you have any problems please call EXT1495 for assitance.
Master Browser Fix
The following reg files are to stop residents machines from becoming master browsers and slowing down the network. Please apply the patch for the correct OS.
Reg File for Windows 2000
Reg File for Windows XP